To me, having inner fulfillment is something I prioritize every day. I generally wake up happy, feeling peaceful inside, something I tend to take for granted until something happens that I can’t shake.
I’ve learned over the years that it’s often not my stuff, it’s simply me being aware, yet at the moment, it occurs as real. It’ll be one of those moments in life where you have something similar going on, so you take that energy in without even questioning it.
Then you buy that energy as yours. It could be someone you bump into when walking or driving, in other words, a stranger.
Of course, at times it could be the people that you hang out with, work, or live with, which can make it a bit harder to separate. So when you end up caught up in the moment, in a vibe that isn’t working for you, what can you do?
The first step is simply dropping any barriers that you have, any type of protection, defense, standby mode, waiting game type of energy.
I get that it’s contradictory to drop your barriers when you are in fight or flight mode, yet if what you’re reacting to is not yours, why hang onto it? It’s like the good ole’ “surrender” piece, but quicker and without logic.
Dropping your barriers – exercise
Are you ready to drop your barriers? Imagine having a protective field around your body = your barrier/wall.
- Ask your body to drop the barriers/walls from above the top of your head to below your feet. Trust that your body will.
- Take FIVE deep breaths and just focus on breathing deeply in & out. For any thought that pops in your head or passes by, simply say “bye-bye.”
- Connect with the inner you, the being in your body that might be talking right back at ya as you read this. Can you sense where the outer edges of that energy stop? Let’s see how far you want to go.
- Fill the room that you’re in with your energy while you continue breathing deeply. Expand your inner energy/being beyond the room you’re in, beyond the house, neighborhood, city, state, country, continent, planet, time and space, multiverses, galaxies, as far out as your inner being desire to go.
- Are you yawning yet? Releasing that energy? Feeling a shift?
- Take a couple of more deep breaths and thank your body by sending yummy vibes internally from your head to your toes.
You can do this whether you are sitting still or moving. I like to close my eyes if I’m sitting down, to focus, yet that’s optional.
Tune into how you’re feeling and if the mind-chatter or mood is still there. Repeat as often as you wish.