In the void - audio
Whether you’re looking for a new gig or job or taking your business to the next level, the decompression and transition period between what was and what’s next – the void – can be filled with a lot of mind chatter and uncertainty.
While processing and assessing your previous experiences can be confronting as you sort through the good and bad, it always leads to new insights.
You might be super excited about what’s next or in a wtf spiral, feeling like you’re losing your grip and mojo. At times, it might feel as if you’re climbing a mountain while also knowing this will pass.
Some of you will pivot into something completely new, and others will have a renewed energy and focus on tackling what’s next in your industry of choice.
As I write this blog, there’s much unrest in many places on this planet. We’re amid a planetary consciousness shift where old beliefs and rules are no longer working, and tempers are flaring. If you’re going through lots of change or are in a void in your personal life right now, it can make the noise, aka mind chatter, even louder.
When you’re an empath or aware, it’s easy to tap into that noise and buy it as yours, even when you know it’s not your drama. While you know this phase will pass no matter what it looks like, it’s easy to get stuck and disillusioned when you’re in the thick of it.
So, what CAN you do?
- Call someone that brightens your day every day.
- Do an activity that releases energy and makes you feel good, whether it’s a workout or playing golf.
- Take a walk in your neighborhood or drive to an area where you love being. Pay attention to what’s around you and what’s different, look for details that may have escaped you in the past, zoom out to gain perspective, or be with the vibe of that area.
- Meditate and journal about what you’re processing, or use your voice memo app to identify resistance and new possibilities.
Once you’ve reignited some energy and mojo, look at what you have going for you right now. What is working? What can you do now that you usually wouldn’t be able to get to that would free up that list of never-ending to-do’s?
Beliefs and uncertainty
It’s so easy to future-trip worrying about things that may never happen, and the only thing you have control over is what you’re doing right now. That will compound and create a path that either work for you or doesn’t.
One of my favorite quotes from Abraham-Hicks is, “A belief is just a thought that you keep thinking” in other words, change your thoughts and create a new path if what you’re thinking isn’t working for you.
When you’re in the void of uncertainty, the way out is a mix of finding peace and confidence while also taking action on anything that inspires, no matter how outside the box it appears. Simple things like going to the beach, doing yard work, or cleaning out a closet/room can shift things in other areas of life and open up new possibilities that may occur out of the blue.
Networking is so important, yet many are still struggling with that after the past couple of years of unrest. Many realities are presented online via apps, podcasts, TV channels, and subscription services.
Before you go on autopilot and continue with what you have been doing up until now:
- Stop for a moment, and check within before hitting that on/play button.
- Ask yourself if “this” will make you feel better or inspire you. After all, getting upset doesn’t help you get out of the hole.
- So, what would be fun to do right now?
- Listening to music that lifts your spirits can inspire you into some action; if nothing else, you’ll feel better.